Our offices are open Monday through Friday during normal business hours. When the offices are closed, one of our doctors is always on call so you can reach us 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling our usual office numbers; our answering service will locate us for you.
The following forms can be downloaded to your computer and printed at home. By filling out these forms ahead of time, you will save a significant amount of time during your visit. Please be prepared to provide this information to our office along with your current medical insurance information. If you have any questions when filling out these forms, please do the best you can and our staff will assist you with your questions on the day of your visit.
Please Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
What to Expect
An initial retinal examination may take up to 2 hours, especially if it is necessary to perform special tests. Subsequent visits are usually shorter.
Your eyes, probably both, will be dilated at an initial visit and sometimes at subsequent visits. The dilation may cause blurring of your vision for as much as 6 hours so you may want to bring a driver with you.
Be sure to bring the following to your appointment:
- A list of ALL your medications, prescription and over-the-counter;
- Insurance card and/or Medicare card; and
- If needed for your health plan, your authorization form, unless it was sent to us directly.
Retina Consultants of Orange County is currently contracted with the following health care plans:
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Affiliated Doctors of Orange County
- Memorial Healthcare IPA
- Prospect Medical – Prospect Medical offers a number of separate health care plans. We are providers for a number of these plans including Gateway, Genesis, ProCare, AMVI, and OneCare. Please call us to verify if we are providers for your particular plan.
- Regal Medical Group
- St. Jude Medical Group IPA
Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- AARP (American Association of Retired People)
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Net
- United HealthCare
Please Note: The above lists are not exhaustive. We are providers for a number of additional PPOs and HMOs so please contact us to inquire whether we serve your particular healthcare plan or contact your insurance company or check their web site to determine if we are providers.